So have you thought about my proposal? TV-Turnoff Week is April 21-27. Can you and your family turn it off for a week? Would you like to try? If so, then sign up for the Unplug Your Kids TV-Turnoff Week Blog Challenge!
Here’s how it works:
Phase 1 –
1) Write a post about the challenge that sets forth your goals, reasons for joining in, etc. The more people we can reach and get to join in, the more fun and educational it will be! Remember, it is not just about giving up TV, what about the “other screens” in your life? The computer is my personal downfall so I will be concentrating on reducing that.
2) Link to your post in Mr. Linky below (leave a comment too in case Mr. Linky goes haywire, as occasionally happens, and I have to take him off).
3) Steal the Blog Challenge badge and put it in your sidebar, linking to Unplug Your Kids. Let me know if you need help with this step.
Phase 2 –
Do your best to meet your goals from April 21-27. If you aren’t successful, it’s OK. What is important is to try, and to learn something from the experience.
Phase 3 -
1) After TV-Turnoff Week ends (April 27th is the last day), write a post about how it went: the good, the bad, and the ugly! Sharing experiences helps everyone.
2) I will also write a “How it Went” post and I will put up a new Mr. Linky. Put the link to your “How it Went” post in Mr. Linky (plus comment just in case).
3) On Tuesday, May 6th I will draw a random name from among those who completed the challenge (whether you met your goals or not) and put up their final post. That person will win a $10 Amazon gift certificate.
You can join in too. Email me your goals, hopes, and dreams before the TV-Turnoff Week begins ,and I will post them on Unplug Your Kids. At the end, email me your “How it Went” information, and I will post it here too. You will then be entered in the drawing for the gift certificate.
My email for questions or entries: unplugyourkids “at” gmail “dot” youknowwhat.