By , April 19, 2007 9:35 am

Even if you don’t want to join the challenge, it would be great if you could help spread the word! Thanks!

Thirteen Reasons Why You Should Join
“THE TV TURN-OFF WEEK BLOG CHALLENGE”

(April 23-29, 2007 – Click
here for more info)

1….The awesome BRIBE…emm…PRIZE!!! (A $10 Amazon Gift Certificate)

2….You know it is “the right thing to do” (whatever that means)

3….You already have no TV, so it will be easy!

4….You have already seen all your favorite reruns.

5….You have been trying to figure out how to spend more time with your kids.

6….You have a stack of books that are gathering dust on your nightstand.

7….You have no idea what you are going to blog about next week (Voila!! Instantly-seven days of potential posts!! – Or just one at the end if you prefer).

8….You have always wanted to learn how to knit. Click here and turn off the TV!

9….Your TIVO is broken and you have to watch all those commercials.

10…You are tired of Britney shaving her head as headline news and want to see what it is like to get your news from NPR and the newspaper (online is OK too).

11…You want your kids to do something other than watch TV.

12…Think about what else you could be spending your monthly cable/satellite money on!!!

13…Your TV is broken and you might as well try for the gift certificate.

12 Responses to “13 Reasons Why You Should Join "The TV Turn-Off Week Blog Challenge" (Edition #6)”

1. Sunny Ellis says:

Great idea! I don’t watch TV anyways. LOL. Most people do though. It wouldn’t be hard for me to leave it off a week. Now don’t ask me to turn off the computer!

2. L^2 says:

LOL This is a great list. I don’t watch that much TV, mainly because my TV only picks up 2 channels (I’m to cheap to pay for cable), so I think it would pretty easy for me to not watch for a week.
    Happy TT! :-)

3. c.a. Marks says:

OMG! I can not even believe I am reading this! I was just telling my better half, last night, about taking the TV away from the kids but not as any sort of punishment but because, well, dang, you know! It’s just too much overload. I’m going right now to check out that blog and sign up for the challenge. I only hope it’s not too late.

4. The Rock Chick says:

I have to be honest. I think TV is one of the best things there is, especially with the Tivo and no commercials!!! Yeah, there’s a lot of junk, but there’s also a lot of unbelievable things that I’d probably never get to see if it wasn’t for TV. This Planet Earth miniseries in high definition as a starter. It’s amazing!

Loved you post, but I still can’t turn the TV off :)

Jessica The Rock Chick

5. alisonwonderland says:

great list – and great idea. i think i’ll propose this to my children …

6. thecabinet says:

good thing I have no kids..but..if I did–they would not have a TV in the car….

7. scribbit says:

An excellent list, I totally agree.

8. FRIGGA says:

Turn off the tv? What tv? I don’t have one! =)
    Very good list!

9. Gattina says:

I think your kids will go beserk or on strike if you follow a silly (to them) blog challenge, lol !

10. Mom Unplugged (formerly "Mom of 3") says:

I would agree Gattina, except that they have never had TV! Why have TV when you have cats???

11. Dragonheart says:

TV Turn Off week is a great idea! :) My humans and I don’t really watch much TV – there are only a handfull of shows that are “must sees” (Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Smallville, new Battlestar Galactica, and Mythbusters.)

Thanks for visiting. :)

12. nina says:

Great list of reasons. I will join you. I only watch a bit of tv in the evening when I sit down with my dh. I hope to invovle him in the challenge as well. My dd3 does not watch any tv/videos.