Can you and your family turn off the TV for one whole week?
In honor of TV Turn-Off Week, I would like to propose a TV Turn-Off Week Blog Challenge as an aid in turning off the TVs, and encouraging others to do so also. Plus, there is even A BRIBE…err…I mean PRIZE!! I will award a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate to a random participant. The way I thought it could work is this:1) If you want to commit to “The Challenge,” add a comment to this post.
2) Add your name to “Mr. Linky.”
3) Copy the little image below and place it somewhere on the main page of your blog (right click on it, select “save as” to save to your hard drive, then upload to your blog as usual). Link the image back to this post (please make sure it is the POST not my main blog page). Please email me if you need help with any of this. If you really don’t want the image, that is OK, but it would help spread the word.
4) Write a post about “The TV Turn-Off Week Blog Challenge” preferably before April 23rd so as to spread the word. We want to get as many participants as possible in order to make it fun and effective! Tell them why you are doing it and how they can join too.
5) Also, it would be really great if you could please link back here (to this post) from your post so that your readers can easily find all the other participants.
6) During National TV Turn-Off Week (April 23-29, 2007), KEEP THE TV OFF AND HAVE FUN!!! Play board games, read all those great books on your Callapidder Days – Spring Reading Thing list, take walks, play sports, garden (it is finally spring!) do art projects, clean out your closets, visit the library, cook meals together, have a garage sale, blog more or blog less, throw a party or a picnic…the possibilities are endless.
7) At the end of the week write another post describing how it went, whether you were successful, what you did, how it felt, would you do it again, etc…say whatever you are moved to say! If you want to write a series of posts all week about it, go right ahead. Hey…you could get a week’s worth of posts out of this! What is your family doing day by day? Inspire others. Help them find ideas for TV-free activities!
I hope that we will have some interested people. With a little involvement, this could be fun and rewarding. If you think this a worthwhile cause, whether or not you intend to participate, please help spread the word. I do not have a big readership yet and without a little help, this “Challenge” will involve only me and my ever-faithful best friend. It would be much more fun with a larger turnout!