April 20th through the 26th is Turnoff Week (formerly TV Turnoff Week, but now it applies to all “screens”). As I mentioned previously, I will once again be hosting a Blog Challenge for those who dare to give the no screen (or reduced screen) thing a try for a week. A few intrepid souls have already expressed an interest in giving it a try. Thank you!
I am very late in posting the instructions. Usually I start a few weeks ahead of time! However this year, I have been really busy with other, “real life” obligations.
Finally though – for those who have already indicated that they want to give it a go, and anyone else who wants to attempt it, here is how the 3rd Annual Turnoff Week Blog Challenge will work:
Phase 1 –
1) Write a post about the challenge that sets forth your goals, reasons for joining in, etc. The more people we can reach and get to join in, the more fun and educational it will be! Remember, it is not just about giving up TV, what about the “other screens” in your life? The computer is my personal downfall so I will be concentrating on reducing that.
2) Link to your post in Mr. Linky below (leave a comment too in case Mr. Linky goes haywire, as occasionally happens, and I have to take him off).
3) Steal the Blog Challenge badge and put it in your sidebar, linking to Unplug Your Kids. Let me know if you need help with this step.
Phase 2 –
Do your best to meet your goals from April 20-26. If you aren’t successful, it’s OK. What is important is to try, and to learn something from the experience.
Phase 3 –
1) After Turnoff Week ends (April 26th is the last day), write a post about how it went: the good, the bad, and the ugly! Sharing experiences helps everyone.
2) I will also write a “How it Went” post and I will put up a new Mr. Linky. Put the link to your “How it Went” post in the new Mr. Linky (plus comment just in case).
3) On Wednesday, May 6th I will draw a random name from among those who completed the challenge by putting up their final post (remember, whether you met your goals or not, completion just means blogging about it!). If you don’t put up your final post and enter it in the Linky before that date, then I can’t enter you in the contest. A random person will win a $10 Amazon gift certificate.
Finally, I have to apologize to a few of you who asked me questions that I have not answered yet. I have just been SO busy this past week, that I haven’t had a chance to think about the blog, or email, or anything much. I do appreciate your questions, and I will try and send you an email tomorrow (Sunday).
Here is the first Mr. Linky. Anyone who wants to enter the 3rd Annual Turnoff Week Blog Challenge should write a post about their intentions and link to it here. Even if you indicated in the comments to my last post about this that you wanted to join, please be sure to link to your goal-setting post here, to make it “official!”