Welcome!

By , January 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Welcome to Unplug Your Kids at its new home. I hope you like it and, most of all, I hope it loads faster!

There are a few differences from the old blog. I have combined the toy and book recommendations in with the main blog. I plan on trying to recommend one toy and one book per week. You can access my recommendations in the categories menu (“toy recommendations”and “book recommendations” – with subcategories under each heading).

One neat feature of WordPress, is that it allows for the creation of “Pages.” The top right sidebar shows the links to the pages I have created, including the Unplugged Toystores, Unplugged Bookstores, and a page about the weekly Unplugged Project for anyone who wants to know more about that.

Between having company all week and trying to get this set up, I haven’t had a lot of time to work out every detail. The internal links do not function properly yet, and there is something weird going on with the size of the categories drop-down menu, as well as some other details that need attending to.

As a die-hard perfectionist, I hate to put the blog online with any untidiness or disorganization, so I apologize. However, knowing me, I felt that if I didn’t make myself put it online now, it might be years before it was “perfect enough” in my mind.

I am eager to get on with the business of blogging …

So here it is!

PS. I plan on being around more now that the bulk of the work is done.

9 Responses to “Welcome!”

Do you happen to know the URL of your feed as I subscribe to you via my email client’s built in RSS reader.

Thanks!

Hi Jenny,

I am embarrassingly uninformed about this whole “feed” thing, but try this:

(Please let me know if it works, thanks!)

3. Wishy says:

YAY! Let’s hear it for die-hard perfectionism! It looks great and YOU ROCK! (a perfectionist would say that, right?)

4. Tamara says:

Yeah! Great Job. It looks awesome and loaded so quickly too!

5. Gattina says:

I saw your change on Google Reader and of course had to hop over ! Congratulations to your new blog. How is WordPress with templates ? Do you have a lot of choice ? I love to fumble around with backgrounds and headers that’s why I change so often. I already have an account with WordPress but no blog. I had to take an account to get into the commun blog of the Cyber Cruisers.

6. Congrats on the move to WordPress! Looks beautiful.

7. greenemother says:

congratulations, it looks wonderful! The white background gives it the sparkling “new” look!

8. Marsha says:

Congratulations on making the move to WordPress! Your new site looks marvelous! (And I’m sure you will love using WordPress!)

9. Christine says:

YAY!! You’re back! New blog looks great! Just some nitpicky stuff to “clean up” (i.e. The Category drop down box is too long) but it looks really good!

Congrats! :D