Origami

By , September 22, 2007 11:14 am

Here’s an Unplugged Project for kids: Origami! I used to love doing origami as a child and I even still have my origami “how-to” books and paper. Yes, I really am a packrat.

I gathered the kids, my old books and my ancient origami paper, and we made some origami. Here are the results. You should be able to find two butterflies, two swans, two fancy boxes, and one ruby-throated hummingbird. The hummingbird was actually one of my childhood creations. We found it squashed between the pages of one of the books!

10 Responses to “Origami”

1. Carver says:

I love origami. Good shots for the paper theme.

2. Queen Of My Domain says:

That looks like a wonderful way to spend time with your children.

3. Flo says:

Those are really cool. I used to love origami as a kid but I haven’t done it in years. Maybe next time I see one of those little kits I’ll pick it up.

Flo’s Place

4. meeyauw says:

I AM going to do origami someday, I AM. And with an afterschool group, too, I hope. How come there is too much to do? Please be sure this is tagged origami so I don’t lose it!

5. Mike Goad says:

Very nice! Excellent choice for the theme.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

6. Wilson says:

Great photos you got here.. Check also mine here…

Have a nice day!…c”,)

7. PowersTwinB says:

I just love the hummingbird! Beautiful art, and I wish I could do that! My photo is up, please come and visit

8. amanda says:

Your creations are beautiful! I love that you found a long-forgotten hummingbird in your book.

9. […] Origami Snowflakes Stamp your own wrapping paper Paper mache Card making Water Paper Painting (Wet some paper down with a paintbrush. Have your child (or you!) draw on it with paints or magic markers and see what happens) […]

10. Kathy says:

Origami is one of the most mathamatically essenced(sp) craft or art that a child can do. Now, think GREEN— use old magazine pages that you recut with a $25 paper cutter. You will be amazed at the way the images will transform when folded. P.S. this paper cutter will come in handy for SO many things in your life and is worth the investment!!!