Paper (Weekly Unplugged Project)

By , December 2, 2007 9:54 pm

This week I had thought we might make paper snowflakes to hang in the window, but the children got very involved in making a long paper chain. Making more ornaments to sell to raise money for Heifer International, a field trip and a huge roof leak in the playroom distracted us from further paper projects, so the paper chain will have to be our Unplugged Project for this week.

Here it is hanging along our staircase banisters as a Christmas decoration for the cats to destroy:

Other fun paper project ideas that come to mind are:

Origami
Snowflakes
Stamp your own wrapping paper
Paper mache
Card making
Water Paper Painting (Wet some paper down with a paintbrush. Have your child (or you!) draw on it with paints or magic markers and see what happens)

Plus…whatever YOU have come up with!

_________________________________________________________

Visitors: Please click on the links in Mr. Linky below to see what other participants came up with for “paper” this week. Please feel free to join us for next week’s project! You can view all the Unplugged Project links by clicking here.

Participants: Please put your link in Mr. Linky so that we can find you.

_________________________________________________________

Next Monday’s Unplugged Project:

“Nature” (anything you can think of related to nature, whatever that means for you)

-or-

Collect objects from outside and create a seasonal nature tray or nature table.

Have fun!

11 Responses to “Paper (Weekly Unplugged Project)”

1. Maria says:

Hello. Thank you for these projects, again.
    1kiss.

2. CelticMommy says:

We did the nature thing on Friday, called a Rainy Day Observation Walk. Today, Em has a playdate to make paper cut snowflakes and trees. I hope this week si better and drip free for you! :-) Heather

3. Kate in NJ says:

OK, We are in this week after missing last week. Love your paper chain.
    Our cats would destroy them for sure.
    ;-)

4. Becky @ Boys Rule My Life says:

paper chains… classic. I’m sure they had a blast and I’m sure your cats will too!!

We never got to this project. Disappointing. Maybe we’ll double up this week. I’m feeling like death warmed over right now and 2 of the 3 boys look like they feel the same. Off to more doctors… Ugh!

But hey, you have a great day! :) I’m off to check out everyone else’s projects..

I have the pieces of a paper chain ready to go, but I don’t have a nice banister to hang it on like you do. What a classic Christmas activity for your kids!

6. Andrée says:

Hi! I’m sorry. With this huge snow storm, I’ve been so busy reading, photographing birds and napping that I am late. I simply couldn’t think of something to do with this, so I did the math post (thank you for the compliments!) I am going to visit everybody though because I love this weekly project. But your list: NOW I see that I could’ve done origami!

Sigh.

And nature next week? How wonderful is that! See your kitties tomorrow!

I love the paper chain. I think that I am going to have to make one with the boys this year. Thanks again for such a wonderful project. Sorry I got ours posted a little late. At least it still monday, it is still monday right. LOL.

8. Claire says:

We didn’t quite manage the project this week. We had some good ideas about looking at how paper is recylced and/or made but somehow never quite got round to it. There seems to be some sort of seasonal lethargy going on here. Too busy thinking of stuff I feel I *should* be doing, not enough *actually* doing. Need to read more unplugged xmas posts I think :-)

Feeling very inspired by your paper chains. Very traditional and great fun to make. I’m sure we will fill in a chilly afternoon soon doing that.

Looking forward to checking all the other links

x

9. Daphne says:

We did our paper project in the middle of last week, and we did a paper chain too! My camera was MIA from our recent travels so I didn’t take pictures, and until I saw your chain I forgot all about it! I feel horrible that I’ve been slacking on posting our projects – rest assured that we look forward to them every week. Soph always asks what fun idea we get to do – in addition to our chain we also stamped the envelopes of our Christmas cards (I think that’s a stretch, but it might count)- she’s very into cutting so we made snowflakes as well. We’re big paper people over here :)

10. [...] week’s Unplugged Project was anything related to “nature,” or for those who wanted a little more guidance: [...]

11. [...] paper so I confess, that is why I chose the theme flat for this month’s Unplugged Project (paper was already taken).  We finally did it and it was so fun!  I am also fairly proud of our efforts [...]