I just stumbled upon the story of another family who turned off the TV for a week and blogged about their experience. Valeri of For A Season and her family decided to turn it off for one week in May just as an experiment.
Among their interesting discoveries:
– How much they actually depend upon a computer for educational information instead of books.
– A need to update their board games to a more age-appropriate level.
– The house is calmer without the daily news.
– The family got a lot more sleep.
– They all read more.
– “Without noise and “stuff” to occupy our time, we were more reflective and talked more with each other.”
To read Valeri’s post, please click here: We’ve Been Unplugged!
If anyone else out there has a TV Turn-Off story to tell, or wants to give it a try for a week and report back, please let me know and I will link to you too. If you want to try it, but don’t have a blog of your own, please send me an email and I will post your results here!