!!! Happy Birthday !!!
Three years ago today (February 5th, 2007) Unplug Your Kids was “born.”
Soon I also got into book reviews. Then I started talking about family life without TV. Next came crafts and other TV-free activities. Now I feel myself slipping into a new phase, although I am not exactly sure what that will be yet.
Like life itself, Unplug Your Kids has changed, hopefully for the better. I have changed also, again, hopefully for the better.
- In three years I have written 632 posts and received 4,136 comments.
- I have deleted 31,337 spam comments. (Thank you Akismet, I love you!)
- My teeny little counter at the bottom of my home page currently registers 331,690 visitors.
- My most popular day was Tuesday, October 21, 2008 with 4,166 visitors (crashed the server!).
- The most readers ever on line simultaneously were 248 on October 20, 2008 (nope, my web host was NOT happy with me in October 2008).
- My most popular post: Easy Homemade Musical Instruments with 24,246 views.
- My most commented post (that was not a giveaway or a TV Turnoff Challenge): Blog Fears with 41 lovely, supportive comments!
- For anyone who knows or cares about such things, Unplug Your Kids is a currently a Google page rank 4.
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who reads Unplug Your Kids and please join me for some virtual cake and ice cream!