Wood (Weekly Unplugged Project)

By , March 16, 2008 9:12 pm

This week’s Unplugged Project theme was wood. Our project began with a snowy trek through the trees on our property in search of twigs and small branches. The winter winds had knocked down many pine branches, so they were easy to find. We gathered a few pine cones too. The plan: Fairy Houses!!

We’ve done this before in the summer when more materials were available (leaves, moss, petals, etc.) which made for quite luxurious accommodations. But since there was snow today, these will have to be rather austere, winter fairy houses.

As you can see from the photos, the dogs did a wood project too…romping through the wood-s.

Here are our gathered materials:

Plus some cardboard bases, some string, and a hot glue gun.

My husband was happy to operate the glue gun and glued whatever needed to be glued. I was the string expert and helped tie string.

Here is the process and result:

My daughter then placed the fairy houses in the garden for the fairies to enjoy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What did you do for wood? If you joined us, please put your link in Mr. Linky (and a comment in case I have to take him off – so we can still find you to visit). If you didn’t join us but are simply lurking, why not “delurk” and put your link in, either this week or next? If you don’t have a blog, you can still join in…read about the non-blog options at my Unplugged Project page.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next week’s project:

Eggs (for Easter, or spring/birth if you don’t celebrate Easter)

Please join us with your ideas for eggs!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

12 Responses to “Wood (Weekly Unplugged Project)”

1. Maria says:

Those houses are beautiful, and maybe the fairies will decorate them, when spring comes and they can find some flowers, leaves, etc.

1kiss.

2. I love the pictures! It looks your family had a great day! I love doing these projects on Sunday afternoon when Jeff is home and the whole family gets to join in! Thanks again for hosting!

Hey, have you thought of putting a button or banner together for this? Just a thought…

3. I love the fairy house idea! We did bird houses (well my husband and boys did them).

I love the fairy houses, so cute. I hope some “one” moves in for them. Great job.

5. Piseco says:

The fairy houses look great!

We made houses from Popsicle sticks all week. My husband had planned to do a wood working project with the kids this weekend, but that got derailed… as many things do!

6. Kate in NJ says:

Beautiful!
    We were less inspired, but we’re in.
    ;-)

7. coastalgirl says:

Great fairy houses. A wonderful wintery idea! We are still recovering from stomach flu, so we kept our activity housebound. No lovely walks in the woods today. We used toothpicks and popsicle sticks…

8. I love those fairy houses, and it is exactly what I would have really loved making as a kid. A bit of a miniature version of what we found in our own woods.

9. Daphne says:

I love your houses! After forever of being out of the loop we’re back on board for next weeks project. I’m going to see if I can get our neighbors on board for the projects as well. Have a great day and keep warm, it looks chilly in your neck of the woods.

10. warillever says:

A day late, but I am in!

I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather, so I also haven’t gotten a chance to look through everyone else’s project. Expect a visit from me in a day or so….

11. Michie says:

I’m a day late too. My little one was sick, so I’m a bit behind.

I love the fairy houses. Very cute!

12. MatchMomma says:

We really enjoyed your project… thanks so much for coming up with these great projects!