Happy Birthday Bunny!

By , January 7, 2008 10:44 pm

My baby bunny turned the ripe old age of two on January 2nd. She was the second baby of the year 2006 born in our small community. Nice, but it didn’t earn us any free diapers.

She has become such an amazing little human being, filled with a whole range of human emotions: both the good and the not so good! Jealousy, anger, and selfishness combined with tremendous love, empathy, and caring. That’s my bunny. An emotional symphony. And yes, she’s two:

A tiny Mussolini, marching about the house dictating orders.

A concerned little sister/daughter rushing over to say “You Kay?” if her older siblings or I appear hurt or sad.

A giggling miniature clown with twinkling eyes, doing silly walks and making funny faces, anything for a laugh.

A master of the full-out tantrum if she wants “ta-ta” (pasta) and something else is on the menu (by the way, the tantrum does NOT get her any “ta-ta”).

A sweet cuddle bug who loves to curl up quietly on Mama’s lap with a pile of books, intermittently snuggling in closer and murmuring “My Mama” while gazing at me with a buck-toothed smile of adoration.

Happy Birthday Baby Bug!

9 Responses to “Happy Birthday Bunny!”

1. Christine says:

Happy Birthday!!

They do grow up too fast, don’t they?? :(

Happy Birthday to your sweet Baby Bug- she sounds like an adorable handful! :o)

3. Nina says:

Happy Birthday to your Bunny. I call Citcat “bunny” in our quiet sweet moments.

My dd hasn’t outgrown her Mussolini phase and doesn’t have a solicitous thought in her head. Your little girl sounds lovely. :)

4. Marsha says:

Happy birthday indeed! My own daughter is two-and-a-half, and I’m finding this year to be one of tremendous change–and more fun that I’d ever imagined. Enjoy!

5. greenemother says:

Wow! I didn’t realize that your little one was just 2 days older than mine! Yeah, I know what you mean about the little Mussolini! “Out mommy, move mommy, now mommy!” Those are her commands! But, then we get those wonderful, blissful moments when her arms go right around my next and the kisses don’t stop! Heaven.

6. homeschooljourney says:

Happy birthday to your sweet little girl. My oldest just turned 11 today – my how the time flies (sigh) Enjoy!

7. Kate in NJ says:

Happy Birthday Bunny!!

8. amanda says:

Hey, she’s my birthday buddy :) I’m Jan 2, too.

She sounds like a fun kid. I sometimes forget that with all you do, you also are raising a “baby” too! Again, I am in awe.

Happy New Year, too :)

9. Andrée says:

I missed this until today. You write so beautifully that you brought tears to my eyes. I want one just like her, like my own were. Why did they grow up and leave?