Winter Wonderland

By , December 9, 2007 10:54 am

Most people don’t associate Arizona with snow, but here in Arizona’s mountains, we have “real winters.” Yesterday we got our promised snow (about 6 inches with a chance for more today), and here it is!

(I took these photos this morning in our yard)

11 Responses to “Winter Wonderland”

1. Jen says:

Beautiful. You’re braver than I am; we got 5+ inches last night, and I have NO desire to go out and photograph it. Instead, I threw the boys outside and I’m sitting in here, nice and warm, reading blogs. Life’s good. : ) Oh, and we don’t have the gorgeous backyard you do; no one wants to see a school under construction. ; )

Oh, how lovely- the snow on those massive pines is amazing! You have an incredible yard. Alas, all we’ve gotten is freezing rain, and a good chance for more yet to come. I’ve decided I’ll forgo the snow as long as our power stays on! :o)

3. Lizz says:

Those look like Ponderosas so I’m guessing you are at a somewhat higher elavation, high plateau?

Lovely, thanks for sharing!

4. Don Mills Diva says:

Wow – those are gorgeous – thanks for sharing.

5. Andrée says:

You take the most marvelous photos of snow. I am envious of your eye. You can see things in different ways. Just great work. What’s your elevation?

That is absolutly beautiful. I agree that we do not normally connect Arizona with snow. It just goes to show you how diverse and beautiful the whole country is.

Thanks for all the comments and compliments on the photos and yard. It was especially pretty this morning.

We live in the mountains at an elevation of 7,000 feet. The whole area is one giant hilly Ponderosa pine forest. There is even a ski area 25 minutes from my house. Not what most people think of when they imagine Arizona! But truly gorgeous!

8. Kate in NJ says:

Awesome!
    I love looking up into trees!

9. Becky @ Boys Rule My Life says:

WOW! You are quite the photographer! Beautiful pictures.

I could have worn shorts yesterday… I’m jealous!

10. […] had thought we might do the collection and display idea, but then the snow came making it hard to spend time outside, or even find things to collect. The kids went outside on […]

11. […] had thought we might do the collection and display idea, but then the snow came making it hard to spend time outside, or even find things to collect. The kids went […]