Is anyone interested in taking part in a weekly kids’ project? I am not a “crafty” person, but for a while now I have been thinking that it might be fun to have a weekly “Unplugged Project.” I am envisioning a sort of “virtual” art crawl featuring original art loosely based on some sort of theme or medium, but the rest being totally up to the kids.
This is the way I thought it might work:
– On Mondays I would propose a project that might be fun for kids to do.
– Anyone who wanted to take part would have a week to complete the project.
– The following Monday I will post pictures of our completed masterpieces and put up a Mr. Linky where you can link to your children’s masterpieces.
– What would be even more fun, would be if non-bloggers wanted to join in too. Any non-blogging reader could email me their photos and I would love to post them on Monday along with mine!
What do you think? It might be an interesting way to get the kids away from the TV. In my household, I am hoping it will get “The Mom” away from the computer. A win-win for all!
Since it is still nice and fall-like in most parts of the Northern Hemisphere (and probably nice and spring-like for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere), I thought that we should begin with a project that involves going outdoors.
My project proposal for this week:
– liquid paint (tempera, acrylic, etc.)
– outdoor treasures
1) Go outside with your kids, either on a walk or hike, or even in your own backyard.
2) Have them collect natural bits and pieces with interesting textures.
3) Pour some liquid paint on a plate
4) Using the found objects as stamps, see what patterns they make on the paper.
That’s all I am going to say. Kids can make this as simple or as fancy as they want depending on their age and ambition.
If you have a blog, write a post about your project on Monday, October 22 – with photos if possible please! Come back here and put your name and link in Mr. Linky so everyone can find your art work.
If you do not have a blog, but would like to take part, I would love to hear from you! Please take pictures of your project and email them to me at unplugyourkids “at” gmail “dot” com. Please try to get them to me by sometime on Sunday at the latest (I am US Pacific Daylight Time at the moment – like California), so that I have time to get them in my Monday post. Also include any additional information that you want me to publish (names, and ages of your kids, etc.). Don’t worry, I won’t publish anything that you don’t want me to.
What do you all think? Will it be just me next week, or are others interested in trying this too?
If you think that this is a good idea, please help spread the word. The more the merrier. It would be really fun to see what art emerges from this!
Thank you to morguefile.com and photographer natepowers for this photo.