Smell – Weekly Unplugged Project

By , November 2, 2009 1:32 pm

The theme for this week’s Unplugged Project was smell.  I had some fun ideas so it’s too bad we didn’t have time to get to it this week.  Oh well, I’ll have to try and work them into future Unplugged Projects.

If you did a smell Unplugged Project this week, then please link to your project post, not just your blog.  The reason for this is that we always want people to be able to easily find your post, even a year or two from now!  If you did not join in, then please do not link, but you can always read more about how to join in here.

The theme for next week’s Unplugged Project will be:

Purple

Have fun and be creative!

++++++++++

8 Responses to “Smell – Weekly Unplugged Project”

1. Lindsay says:

Thanks for doing these every week! Even at two my daughter has had a lot of fun the few times we’ve done it so far, and I love to come and see what ideas others have.
    .-= Lindsay´s last blog ..Toddler Science: Smell =-.

2. Too bad you didn’t get to do a project – but what a beautiful picture of the roses – just looking at them triggers a memory of the scent, so strongly I believe I actually can smell them! Thanks for the scent related memory.
    .-= almost unschoolers´s last blog ..Surprise Scent Holiday Play Dough =-.

3. Claire in Tasmania says:

We went for a walk around the neighbourhoodand found some lavender and jasmine to bring home. Now they’re hanging up to dry in the shed. Not sure how the jasmine will turn out as the flowers fall off very easily…
    I have Ideas of making homemade scented soap with the dried flowers for Christmas pressents… we’ll see…

You’re welcome! I am glad that you and your daughter are enjoying it!

Yes, those roses actually did smell as great as they look. They were in pots by my front door two summers ago.

Let me know how the soap turns out if you make it. I made soap once as a school project when I was about 10 but I didn’t scent it and it wasn’t very appealing. I am ready to try again sometime!

7. Summer says:

I have made an extra effort all week to introduce my toddler to smells. But your post inspired me to go forward with a playdough project I’d been planning for awhile. Thank you for your blog! There seem to be so few of us with screen-free kids. This place is a haven.
    .-= Summer´s last blog ..one small step =-.

Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I am glad you like the blog. I’ll have to stop by and visit your playdough post. I have never tried scented playdough either.