Trees – Weekly Unplugged Project

By , August 17, 2008 8:55 pm

The theme for this week’s Unplugged Project was trees. We really did do the project this week, but I stupidly left my camera’s USB cable in Albuquerque (where we spent the weekend) so I am unable to get the pictures off my camera!

Our project this week was rather ordinary, however we did encounter an exciting surprise, so I really must post pictures. I’ll have to save the project post for another week after I get my cable back. Sorry!

+++++++++++

If you had better luck than me this week and did a tree project that you can post, then please put your link in Mr. Linky below. If you want to find out how to participate, then please read all about it here and consider joining in next week.

+++++++++++

Next week I thought we’d go geometric, so I chose this Unplugged Project theme:

Cylinder

Have fun!

17 Responses to “Trees – Weekly Unplugged Project”

1. Ashley says:

So sorry about the camera cable. Totally depressing! I’ll look forward to seeing your post later:)

Ashleys last blog post..Unplugged Project~Tree

2. Nature Mama says:

Oh no :( I was looking forward to seeing what your family had done, but I guess I can wait. *grin* My tree project was nicely all planned out and then the kids decided that they had something entirely different in mind and I’m glad they did. I think it was much more imaginative than my idea! LOL.

Nature Mamas last blog post..Unplugged Project ~ Trees

3. Christie says:

Yeah, we managed to do a leisurely project for the theme! Who Hoo!

Christies last blog post..Calling All Feathered Friends

Ok you have my curiosity peaked about the encounter with an exciting surprise. Can not wait to see the pictures.

Heathers last blog post..unplug your kids…..part 2

5. […] 18, 2008 in Kids Crafts This week’s Unplug your kid’s challenge was trees. We had a bunch of complex projects planned out, but no time to really execute them. Jaylene is […]

6. Now I’m curious! You didn’t even give us a little hint!

Julie K in Taiwans last blog post..Colored Celery Trees

7. So I cheated and just linked to an old post from October BUT it fit with the theme and I thought people might like to try it in the fall (or you could make an arm/hand print tree for any season). I thought about doing it again this week for a summer tree but I am all out of brown paint! I also used to make great collage trees out of brown grocery bags when I was an art teacher.

8. warillever says:

Nothing from me. Too busy playing among the trees to do anything “serious.”

Can’t wait to see everyone’s projects.y

warillevers last blog post..Busy Little Warillevers

9. kristen says:

We have a great big tree near us. This theme was the perfect opportunity for us to get to know our tree a little better! Thanks!!

Wow- 21 participants?! That is so great! Every week, I read what the next project is about, and I think- I have GOT to get back into that! Then the end of the week rolls around, and my mind is a complete blank. My creativity level is approx. -0- these days, I guess. I’ll be looking forward to the tree pictures!

Jennys last blog post..Out From Under My Rock

11. The Mommy says:

We had so much fun! This was our first time participating. I’ll post our link in a few hours, when I get it put up on my blog. Thank you so much for this blog! Reading about your TV project has changed our life. I’ve unplugged our 2yo and am spending far less time on the computer when she is awake, and more time with her. It’s been such a blessing for us, and she seems to be learning at a much faster rate without the television to continually occupy her mind. I’m also reading some books on the developing mind that have said much of the same thing about the harmful effects of TV and computers.
    Many blessings to you, Mommy Impact.
    Impacting the Earth Little, My Children Much.

12. Big Mama says:

I just love to hear about the different activities you all are participating in. I can’t get around as much as I use to. But I plan to jump in on the projects I can do. My grandbabies will definately enjoy getting unglued from the t.v.

Thanks for all you do!
    Big Mama

Big Mamas last blog post..To Date, Or Just Wait?

13. reneegrace says:

I’m not sure if this shows I am participating for the trees or for the cylinder. If its for the trees… my header is a picture of one my boys in our new tree house… actually, still a platform… We’ve been eating our icecreams and snacks there, and reading books there, etc. Even though its cold this summer.

If its for the cylinders… I haven’t yet actually taken or posted pics… but they are coming.

reneegraces last blog post..A Simple Woman’s Daybook

14. Jennifer says:

This was a fun one! Thanks!
    Jennifer

15. […] September 2008 A couple of weeks ago, the theme of the week at Unplug Your Kids was Trees. It took me awhile, but we did a couple of tree […]