I have been tagged by MC Milker of The Not Quite Crunchy Parent for the “Eight Random Things About Me” meme.
It is hard to be random. My first attempt sounded a bit like an employment resume. It is also hard to think of personal things that might be interesting to you all (I don’t do “personal” very well – see #6), but please bear with me as I attempt this!
1. I have dual US/UK citizenship and am an Aquarius.
2. I have been an exchange student twice: a summer in Oslo, Norway at age 16 and, after having graduated from high school a year early, a year in Rouen, France at age 17. I also spent my junior year of college in Hamburg, Germany, but please don’t write to me in German! My French is good, my German (except for a few choice unpublishable words) has mostly disappeared.
3. I was an Air France flight attendant for two years so I have been to a lot of unusual places. My friend says that I am the only person she has ever met who can start a sentence with “On my way to Burundi….”
4. As a child I broke both my big toes and received absolutely no sympathy from my doctor-father. My sister thinks she has cuter big toes than I do, but I disagree.
5. My car has a license plate frame that says: “A Woman’s Place is in the Cockpit” (I am a pilot).
6. I am “not the cheerleader-type,” as my mother used to say. Nor am I a jock. I guess I am an introverted nerd.
7. My secret favorite movie is “Dirty Dancing” because I wish I could dance with Patrick Swayze (who I actually once saw on a ski slope at Santa Fe, NM!).
8. I hate white walls in my house. All my walls are a color.
MC Milker tagged me because my blog is “a relatively new blog” that she has “started to read and enjoy” (thank you!). For this very same reason, I tag Cheryl of A Day in the Life of Our Homeschool Journey.