Thirteen Things I Never Dreamed I Would Ever Do

By , March 21, 2007 8:10 pm

Thirteen Things I Never Dreamed I Would Ever Do

1. Discern a difference in performance between a “brand-name” disposable diaper, and a cheap “generic” diaper.

2. Bake my own bread without a machine…and enjoy it.

3. Pilot an airplane while nursing a baby.

4. Single-handedly care for three kids, six cats, one dog, and two birds.5. Maneuver an embarrassingly large SUV, toss a toy to the baby, put the favorite song on the CD player, distribute snacks, referee an argument over who called who “poopyhead,” and obey traffic rules – all at once.

6. Drink a glass of champagne that was older than I am.

7. Run around my backyard 10 minutes before my wedding scooping dog poop.

8. Become part of the “soccer-mom” demographic.

9. Get excited upon finding mysterious magenta-colored lint in the filter of my drier, instead of the usual grey variety. (Can you say “GET-A-LIFE?”).

10. Drive around town in a vehicle that should be condemned by the department of health.

11. Finish paying off my student loans.

12. Produce a perfect little miniature human being (actually three of them) from my own body.

13. Write a blog.

23 Responses to “Thirteen Things I Never Dreamed I Would Ever Do”

1. amy says:

I loved this list and I need to remember to blogroll you tomorrow!!

What a fun post you have

2. Wylie Kinson says:

Pilot a plane and nurse a baby? You’re my hero!!
    Terrific list!

3. Kadesha says:

Wow… sounds like your 3 kids made you learn ALOT of new skills… its amazing what you learn to do with hands… you assimilate new hands… (knees, feet, hips, butt, elbows, chin…)

4. Amy says:

#1 is funny… #3 is crazy impressive… #7 is awful and I hope to do #12 (but just 2 of them) someday… =)

5. Shoshana says:

LOL. I just did #1 last week, and went with non-brand, effectively saving me an instant 30 dollars. I am on the last of my 5 children…why didn’t I do this with child #1? Imagine the loads of money I would have saved!

6. L^2 says:

Wow, that’s quite an impressive list! I get a little excited when I find a different color of lint too. LOL!
    And #11 – I’m still dreaming of that day.
    Thanks for stopping by my TT. :-)

7. Gattina says:

Even without nursing a baby, piloting is already something ! and picking up dog poop on your wedding day, apparently brought you luck, lol !

8. Gattina says:

Good idea joining Cats on Tuesday ! We always have a lot of fun because most of the people don’t have a special cat blog, but love to write once a week about their cats. There are only two things to respect, put the little logo (cat on toilet) above your post and a logo in your sidebar with the blogroll (is all on my catblog). To start the game, just put your link in Mr. Linky on my blog and then comment on the others. I am sure with 6 cats you will have a lot of stories to tell, lol !

9. christine says:

I am totally impressed with #2, #3 and #11. None are easy feats.

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog.

10. Shelly Kneupper Tucker says:

“Pilot an airplane while nursing a baby?” I thought that people talking on their cell phones while driving were frightening! Great list. I want to read more. Thanks for stopping by my site.

11. Lazy Daisy says:

You go girl….Congrats, I’m impressed.

12. Empress Bee (of the High Sea) says:

amazing isn’t it? ha ha

smiles, bee

13. wishy in az says:

Hilarious list, mom of three! Love the SUV-control description! I can just see it. You are a force!

14. Christine says:

Pilotting a plane alone would make you my hero, but nursing too??

*bows down* You are a super mom!

15. jean says:

Impressive list – amazing multi-tasking

16. Haley-O says:

Number 4 gives me A LOT of hope! :) I’ll have to come back here and see how you do it all!

17. Jen says:

You’ve piloted an airplane while nursing a baby and never dreamed you’d pilot an SUV while doing all of #5? ; )
    Yeah, I’m with you on #9. And #12. And #13.

18. JO says:

# 3 can really be hard…. how did you do it???

19. Mom of three says:

Hi Jo,
    The key to #3 is a good autopilot and smooth air. Plus, as you can imagine, this maneuver is not advisable during takeoff or landing! Thanks for coming to my TT! :)

20. Crazy Working Mom says:

What an awesome list! :) I love it.

Number 12 was my favorite. I agree with ya on that one.

Have a great Thursday and thanks for dropping by.

21. KarenW says:

Pilot a plane while nursing a baby? I hope it wasn’t the one we were on last week. Oh well, we arrived safe and sound. LOL!

22. JennyMcB says:

Good idea for a list! You have had a quite a few experiences that I haven’t had, especially #3. I was a soccer mom who is now a football and track mom, just wait until your kids get older, it gets better.

Loved the Mom clicker story in your sidebar, have you ever brought it along on car trips?

Glad I stopped by!

23. MC Milker says:

Pilot an airplane while nursing? The ultimate refuge from airlines that harrass breastfeeders?