Pay it Forward

By , July 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh my goodness! For once I was actually in the right place at the right time for something cool!

A few weeks ago while I should have been doing laundry, I just happened to stumble on a post by MooMama (I love MooMama’s natural parenting blog, but usually I just lurk on occasion). MooMama explained that, continuing a “pay it forward” idea that she took part in, she would send a surprise to the first three people who commented on her post. The catch: those three people would have to send a little something to three other people, and so on down the line.

Loving this idea as a fun way to spread some random goodness, I squeaked my comment in in 3rd place!

MooMama‘s little package arrived earlier this week. You can see what lovely little goodies she sent in the photo above! A potholder made by one of her daughters – age 8, the same age as my oldest daughter (aren’t those colors lovely?), a cute bee magnet, and set of homemade kindness cards – perfect for the theme of this swap.

Now it is my turn to pay it forward. Since we are going away to France next week, I unfortunately won’t have time for nice homemade things, but I thought perhaps a little simple something from France might make an interesting surprise.

• If you want a little surprise from France sent by me, and if you are interested in paying it forward, then be one of the first three comments on this post and I’ll contact you to get your address.
  • Please continue the sharing by sending a little something to three other people, who in turn, should be willing to send a goody, etc.  By the way, keep it simple!  You needn’t send anything fancy.  It is the gesture of connecting with a random “stranger” that is so meaningful.
  • You don’t have to have a blog yourself, but you must be willing to pay it forward to three people.  Please let me know what you do, so that I can publish it here.
  • Finally, in my case, I am afraid you’ll also have to be a bit patient. I won’t be in France until the end of next week and shipping might take a little longer too (unless you are in Europe).

So, who wants to join in?

PS. You might also enjoy checking out the pay it forward posts from my two fellow commenters on MooMama’s blog: Nicola of Which Name? and Little House on Green.

16 Responses to “Pay it Forward”

1. Page says:

Wow, what a great idea. I love it.

2. Sounds like fun! My husband will kill me, but I need a little fun right now! :)

Enjoy France!
    .-= Becky@BoysRuleMyLife´s last blog ..Dairy Free Cookbook Giveaway =-.

3. Lynn says:

I thought this was a fun idea when I read about it a few weeks ago and regretted not participating…

4. Olivia says:

Wonderful! I love to see the project continuing on! :)

Have a fantastic trip to France!
    .-= Olivia´s last blog ..EcoStore USA =-.

5. oh boo… I am not in the top 3!! But it sounds like a great idea.. I am sure anything from france will be loved :)
    .-= This girl loves to talk´s last blog ..The Cake =-.

6. Well, I’m not the third comment, but I’ll still send something to three people. Fun idea!
    .-= Julie K in Taiwan´s last blog ..Spider Cap Toy =-.

7. […] saw Unplug Your Kid’s post on Pay It Forward.   She, along with two others, received a little gift in the post from someone […]

8. Kerstin says:

I see I’m not one of the first three to comment, but I don’t care, I love this idea! I could use some cheer right now, and I know some friends who’d appreciate it, too. I’m going to begin my search for some small, fun things to send to them today. Thank you for the idea, and have a wonderful time in France!

9. Joslin says:

OH DARN!! #4…..!! But maybe at least you can drop us a postcard from France?? We have a HUGE –as in wall sized–map of the world on one of the walls in our living room. ANd next to it is the “postcard wall”. Everytime someone sends us a postcard from anywhere, we look it up on the map and then learn a little bit about that place. And we don’t have ANY postcards from France yet!!! That would be sooo cool!! Please!! I know you are busy packing, but if you could email me I will send you our address and we would be SO grateful! THANKS!!!!

10. Marsha says:

I’m too late the signup, but not (I hope!) too late you wish you a very “Bon voyage!”
    .-= Marsha´s last blog ..Farewell, Beowulf =-.

Merci beaucoup Marsha!

12. Lymm says:

We received our package tonight — thank you!! I’ll blog about it tonight if the putting to bed process doesn’t hit me too hard, and ask for comments to pick recipients. :)
    .-= Lymm´s last blog ..Awards (two for one) =-.

Oh I am so glad it arrived safely. I always worry about international shipping, but it seems that yours came quite quickly!

14. I received my package two days ago. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It took so long to get to me because we moved sooner than we expected so not only did the package get international shipping, but it also got forwarded from one town to the next! LOL!

Thanks again! It was so fun just looking at all the stamps! :) I’ll blog about it in a couple of weeks… yes, weeks – we’re still in boxes and I’ve got to prioritize some things. :( Fun stuff goes to the back burner for awhile.

Thanks again!
    .-= Becky@BoysRuleMyLife´s last blog ..Skater Dude =-.

You are very welcome! Good luck with your unpacking and settling in. I hope you enjoy your new location!

16. […] My Nails, Pink and Green Mama, Superheroes and Princesses, Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile, Unplug Your Kids, MooMama, Perfect Sentiment where I stopped tracing it back… It’s a fun way to stumble […]