Red Collage (Weekly Unplugged Project)

By , November 11, 2007 10:50 pm

I AM SEEING RED!!

The theme for this week’s Unplugged Project was simply “Red.”

I thought it might be fun to use up some of those catalogs that fill the mailbox at this time of year, so I suggested a red collage. The kids love cutting, so they were all for it.

I had fun with it too and did my own red collage.

First we put on our current favorite kids’ music tape (Wee Sing Around the World), then I put a pile of catalogs on the table (minus the toy catalogs – I don’t need to be giving them any ideas), some scissors, construction paper, glue sticks and we joyfully began cutting away.

OUR GALLERY

5 year-old son: First Collage

5 year-old son: Robot

7 year-old daughter: First Collage

7 year-old daughter: Grapes

Me: Apple

I was going to turn the baby lose with a red crayon or paint, but we never quite got to it this week, so she is absent from the gallery. Oh well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am hoping that after this week, vague ideas are still OK with you all. I think that makes it easier to adapt to all ages, toddler through adult, so we’ll try it again. Plus it’s fun to come up with your own idea (at least I thought so!).

Next week’s project:

“Box”

That’s it. Do something with a box. Paint it. Scribble on it. Decoupage it. Turn it into a dollhouse or toybox or photo storage container. Give it to your kids and turn them loose to see what they do with it. Write a poem about a box if you want! Anything at all, but the main ingredient of your creation must be something to do with a box.

So, “think outside the box” and good luck!

I can’t wait to see more red today, so please put your link in Mr. Linky so I can find you.

9 Responses to “Red Collage (Weekly Unplugged Project)”

1. Andrée says:

If you had let them use the toy catalogs, all we would see is a wish list. This is better. It’s pretty interesting what they came up with. A box, huh? 3-D stuff now. It’ll be neat to see what comes up. To me, a box is mathematics.

The Collages look great. The project this week was a lot of fun. The boys did put red in but wanted to try other colors in to. Hope that is ok. I can not wait to try next weeks project.

3. missbecky75 says:

ok, I just gotta tell you… I love the robot! What a cute thought, and I totally see it! :)

Grapes were mighty creative, too. And your apple… just love the little baby in the center!

Great job this week! I’ll have to give some thought to “box”. Again, I’m really enjoying your projects! Thanks!

4. Kate in NJ says:

Terrific collages!
    Looking forward to next week too.

5. Tamara says:

Collages was such a good idea. And they loook great.

6. Maria says:

Great idea, collages. 1kiss..

I love the collage idea- what a great use of catalogs! It’s still a bit beyond CJ at this point- she loves stickers though. Personally, I like the broader topics- there’s so much room to work with!

8. Cloudscome says:

I love those shape collages: robot, grapes and apples. My guys love to cut and paste too.

I’ll link my haiku this week that shows off some lovely red trees in front of green.

Boxes are always a lot of fun… we’ll see what we can come up with.

9. [...] vecchi giornali e riviste e persino con i coriandoli. E anche collage colorati, magari tutti in rosso o con i colori [...]